Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake time: Approx 20-25 minutes
Makes: Approx 10 – 12 large ice cream scoop sized cookies
- 1¼ cups organic oatmeal or 1½ cups quinoa flakes (gluten free)
- 1 cup organic coconut, shredded and toasted
- ¼ cup each flax meal and buckwheat groats
- 2 tbsp pure, organic cacao powder, sifted
- 1 heaping tbsp Dandy Blend or Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee
- 1 tsp baking soda, alum free
- 1½ tsp organic cinnamon
- ¼ cup organic cacao nibs
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/3 cup organic apricots, snipped
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed approx 2 cups
- 2 heaping tbsp Jem Nut Butter
- ¼ cup maple or coconut syrup
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil warmed to melt
- 1½ tsp real vanilla extract or 1 tsp paste
- 1/3 cup dairy-free organic chocolate – 75% or higher, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 350˚F and cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, measure wet ingredients into a cup and combine with dry ingredients. Mix well to create sticky dough that holds together. Adjust ingredient amounts if needed.
- Use 2″ ice cream scoop and drop dough onto prepared sheet leaving 2″ between each cookie. Flatten into patties and bake 20 – 25 minutes or until cookies are browning evenly. Leave them in longer if you prefer a hard cookie.
- Let cool completely on a rack before storing in a covered container. Cookies freeze well for up to 1 month and having these on hand is a game changer for those too busy to prep food days.
Recipe by: Teri Gentes