WITH A ROMANTIC PASSION TO LIVE LIFE FULLY, MY LONG TIME MISSION AND JOY IS INSPIRING AND ENABLING OTHERS TO EMBRACE AND SUSTAIN TRULY SELF-HONORING HEALTHY LIFESTYLES.
As an educator for the health, nutrition and fitness industry, providing trainers, coaches and instructors with the latest research on the power of food and plant based whole foods my hope is collectively we reach the masses.
I explain that what we put into our body is only a small part of our health equation. How we digest, assimilate, effectively and regularly eliminate indicate if thefoods we eat are right for us. If food isn’t energizing us, our dietary approach likely needs revamping.
SPECIAL ATHLETES NOTE:
This recipe to the right is inspired from my research on sports fuelling. Like all of my recipes, I focus on using whole ‘real food’ natural ingredients that deliver mother nature’s perfect ‘full spectrum’ of nutrients. For more protein power, add 2 scoops of the Sunwarrior Protein Powder along with 4 additional dates. The recipe is intended to deliver fast, sustaining energy that provides trace nutrients and electrolytes. Adjust the ingredient amounts to meet ‘your’ specific needs for you know your body’s response best.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake time: Approx 20-25 minutes
Makes: Approx 10 – 12 large ice cream scoop sized cookies
- 1¼ cups organic oatmeal or 1½ cups quinoa flakes (gluten free)
- 1 cup organic coconut, shredded and toasted
- ¼ cup each flax meal and buckwheat groats
- 2 tbsp pure, organic cacao powder, sifted
- 1 heaping tbsp Dandy Blend or Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee
- 1 tsp baking soda, alum free
- 1½ tsp organic cinnamon
- ¼ cup organic cacao nibs
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/3 cup organic apricots, snipped
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed approx 2 cups
- 2 heaping tbsp Jem nut butter
- ¼ cup maple or coconut syrup
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil, warmed to melt
- 1½ tsp real vanilla extract or 1 tsp paste
- 1/3 cup dairy-free organic chocolate– 75% or higher, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 350˚F and cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, measure wet ingredients into a cup and combine with dry ingredients. Mix well to create sticky dough that holds together. Adjust ingredient amounts if needed.
- Use 2″ ice cream scoop and drop dough onto prepared sheet leaving 2″ between each cookie. Flatten into patties and bake 20 – 25 minutes or until cookies are browning evenly. Leave them in longer if you prefer a hard cookie.
- Let cool completely on a rack before storing in a covered container. Cookies freeze well for up to 1 month and having these on hand is a game changer for those too busy to prep food days.