THERE IS NO BETTER TIME TO EXPLORE, EXPERIENCE, AND BENEFIT FROM A RAW FOOD AND VEGAN LIFESTYLE THAN NOW – WHETHER IT IS FOR PURE ENJOYMENT AND HEALTH, OR FOR ELITE COMPETITION. LET MARY GUIDE AND COACH YOU ALONG THE WAY.
Mary Luciano is one of the originators of the raw and vegan food and fitness competition movement. Mary first overcame chronic sports injuries and an autoimmune disorder by implementing a diet mostly of raw fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds.
With newfound energy and healthy body, she competed and placed in the top 3 of three separate Figure competitions. Since then Mary has dedicated her practice to helping train and coach beginner through to advanced women athletes and non-athletes alike who wish to incorporate more raw foods into their life, training and fitness endeavours.
In sports and fitness there has always been a mindset that to get enough protein we need to consume meat and dairy. All of the new research, along with many high performance athletes’ testimonies, now show that we can definitely get enough protein from eating a plant-based diet.
To either maintain or build muscle on a plant-based program, we simply eat from a variety of my top sources below:
1. Greens of any kind (Yes they have protein)
2. Hemp Seeds
3. Chia Seeds
5. Sea Vegetables
6. Sunwarrior Protein Powders
7. Various Nuts and Seeds
9. Gluten-free Grains
- ¼ cup of chia gel
1 scoop of Chocolate Sunwarrior protein powder
- 2 Tbsp cashew butter
- 2 Tbsp coconut butter (my favorite is Artisana)
- 1 Tbsp mesquite powder
- 1 tsp sweetener of choice (raw honey, maple syrup, coconut syrup, or stevia)
- 1-2 tsp raw cacao powder (optional)
- Water as needed
- ¼-½ of raspberries
- Coconut chips for topping
- For chia gel – Soak chia seeds with enough water to cover the chia seeds. Let the chia and water soak for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- In a blender add chia gel, protein powder, cashew butter, coconut butter, sweetener and mesquite powder; add enough water to make a thick pudding consistency.
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Pour pudding in a glass container and top with raspberries and coconut chips.
For real chocolate lovers add 1to 2 teaspoons of raw cacao powder with the rest of the ingredients if you wish.
Chia gel can also be made ahead of time and left to soak in the refrigerator overnight.