LAURA IS A PROFESSIONAL CANADIAN ULTRAMARATHON RUNNER, VEGAN, MOUNTAIN LOVER AND HEALTH-NUT!
I am passionate about running, and about being out on the trails every day. I am also a running coach, with 25 athletes currently working with me.
Race achievement highlights:
- 2-time Riverlands 100 mile ultra champion (course record holder)
- Sri Chinmoy 6hr race: 1stplace overall, 1stplace female, new Canadian record
- Big Brad 50 mile trail race: 1stplace female, new course record
- Hamsterwheel 6hr Trail Race: 1stplace female, 1stplace overall (course record holder)
- Virgil Crest 100 mile ultra: 1stplace female, 2ndoverall, new female course record
- Finger Lakes 50 mile: 1stplace female
- 2 time Sulphur Springs 100 mile ultra champion (Course record holder)
- Virgil Crest 50k – 1stplace female
- Ghost Train Trail Race 50k – 1stplace, course record holder
- 2 time Haliburton 100 mile ultra marathon champion
That’s an easy answer: Rawtella! I use it in wraps for a quick, easy-to-carry, easy-to-eat fuel. The ingredients provide me with an easily digestible combo of carbohydrates and fats – exactly what I need during ultramarathons. And I love the taste! Who wouldn’t want to eat chocolate while running!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- ½ cup frozen mango
- ½ cup frozen coconut
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 scoops Sunwarrior Warrior Blend Vanilla protein
- 1 scoop Sunwarrior Super Greens
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Ice as needed
Toss all ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth. Add water as needed.